Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the boards here. Just bought a 2010 Street Triple and Im in love. However, today (second day of ownership) someone rammed into it while parked in front of my house. Quite a bit of cosmetic damage :(

I heard it happen outside and ran downstairs to see a chick in a truck speeding away down my street. I never ran so fast through a shortcut between houses toward the intersection she was heading. Red light... Thank god.. I think I almost smashed her window in and told her to pull over. Anyway, she denied it over and over and luckily a few minutes after arguing and yelling, a gracious neighbor came over and said 'It was her, in the truck' while on the phone with the police. Cop showed up, she provided me this girls insurance info and we parted ways, after more arguments.. I'm not sure whether I should continue forth with trying to navigate through this privately and personally, which I mentioned was an option. Or to just contact our insurance companies and get the ball rolling. Im afraid, just like she tried to hit and run, shell try to screw me over if we do this thing privately. Anyway, ****ty deal eh? 2nd day of ownership and this...

On the bright side, I enjoy this bike tremendously!! Its obviously a masterpiece of engineering the reviews I read and watched were all true!!

Jason

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome Jason! Man, that's is seriously not cool! I had something similar happen to my truck a few years back.
It almost took and act of congress to get it resolved to my satisfaction. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.