Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm Tim from Essex in the UK… I'm 25, I've been riding since March 2009. In that time I've owned a new Street Triple (black) and a Daytona 675 SE (white). I've tried to curb my 'one new Triumph a year' habit, but I've just accidentally put a deposit down on a 2011 Speed Triple. Oh well… my back will thank me.

I don't drive a car so my bikes get used quite a bit – I've done about 9000 miles on my Daytona in the past 12 months. 3000 miles in 10 days around Europe with luggage and a tent on the back didn't help, but it was so much fun I'm looking to do it all again on my new bike when it arrives in two weeks. This one will be a keeper, I promise…

I've been loitering around these parts for a while but would like to get more involved – the Speed Triple forum on these boards seems a lot more grown up than some other S3 forums I could care to mention ;)

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome Tim! Congratulations - almost - on the Speed Triple. 300 miles a day on a Daytona sounds painful. Not so on the Speedy! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha thanks for the welcome! It was a surprisingly capable tourer. On the first day of the trip we did about 500 miles – I could just about walk when I got to the other end! With the official Triumph panniers I could fit a lot of stuff on the bike, and I strapped a tent to it too…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.