Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you using Oggy Bars? I don't have a link, but someone here posted about them. I looked at them and they seem like they would be better than either of the motor mount slider's, giving the protection of having both without actually having to have all that plastic hanging off the bike. Let me know how you like them, in comparison to the Sky Kings or the CSG's if you have used both.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
Hey Jsek,

I see from previous threads that you have been asking about these for a while and nobody has responded.

BTW the white ones are white plastic ( or whatever they are made of). I expect that the bar would still be black.

They are called Oggy Knobbs and this site is for a distributor.

Kenma Industries

Check the "contact us" option and then "international enquiries"

If you don't have any luck with them email me and we'll see if we can work something out.

Cheers,

[ This message was edited by: Legman on 2007-03-08 01:08 ]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Jsek29,

it was my bike that has the Oggy Knobs installed, I tried to contact the manufacturer a couple of weeks ago with no luck.

This post has jogged my memory :hammer: , so will try ringing him again tomorrow and/or try to find his new number..

·
Registered
484 Posts
The Oggy Knobs look pretty good, and it looks like one set will protect the engine. I did this:

Sliders - left side

Vortex CBR1000 Sliders with black pucks.

Available in black, white, red, blue, yellow. Replacement pucks are about $17 apiece.

I spent about $145 for the two sets of sliders, and I like the fact that if I ever go down, local shops have replacement pucks hanging on the wall. Its the same Delrin plastic everybody uses.

The deal with vortex is that they sell bases for individual bike models, and the pucks are universal, so a single set is three packages - one base set and two individual pucks. They don't make a base set for the Speed Triple, but I found the CBR set works pretty good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BillT, do you find that either of the sliders gets in the way of your knees? It seems kind of crazy to put two on, though better if one were to lay over. That is why I liked the Oggy Knobs, seemed to cover the same as having both front and rear sliders and uses the same plastic pucks. But, seems like the cost is similar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi All,

I have just got off the phone with the manufacturer of Oggy Knobs after discussing the sales of his product in the States. They are working on starting up international sales through their own website currently but this is still looking like it is a while away.

The current retail price (in Aus) of the 1050 Speed Triple setup is $240 AUD, however their thoughts are that not having to sell through middlemen etc that they will match this price incl delivery to international destinations i.e around $190 USD delivered, give or take at present exchange rate.

There is also a possibility of a group buy price depending on numbers etc... :-D

If people are interested I will start a new thread to get an idea of numbers etc and all the other associated details... :hammer:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I had them on my Sprint, mainly cos all the plastic is expensive to replace. I haven`t bothered with them on the S3, spent the money on 'agreed value' insurance, instead.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
On 2007-03-09 05:53, welshrob wrote:
spent the money on 'agreed value' insurance, instead.
+1 Rob, thats what insurance is for. :razz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts