Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here....Let me first say that i have prior experience riding motorcycles and wanted to move up. i just wanted to ask some of you guys who own the 650 or 600 if i could fit...i live in a small college town, so there are no dealers for me to go sit on a bike. Ive had my eye on the 600ish bike...mostly the 675, but i cant afford that with just $5k. but anyway...im a pretty tall guy and wanted to know if i would fit well on a 600 or 650...its harder to find 650's so i more specifically would like to know about the 600s. by pretty tall i mean 34 inch inseam and 6'6....thank you for any responses :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The daytona 600 and daytona 650 are the exact same bike excluding the engine. The ergoes on the bike are very nice. It has a more upright seating position then most sportbikes outhere. As for the daytona 675, I can comment less since I've only sat on one. But here is what I think.

The seat is a little higher then the d650 and allot harder. The riding position is allot sportier also. The bike is very skinny but didnt feel to small between my legs.

As for height, you'll fit on any bike if you like it enough. However being 6'6'' it'll be hard for you to find any sportbike that fits you like a glove.

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
The riding position on a Daytona 600/650 is a lot like the riding position on a TT600 or S4. That is to say that the bars are fairly high and the riding position is fairly roomy. The pegs feel a little lower on the Daytonas, so that is an advantage if you are very tall. I think the seat is actually a bit higher. KeithU, who posts here off and on, rides a TT600 on Iron Butt type rallies, and he has to be at least 6'-4. If you don't plan on 1000 mile days on a regular basis, then it should fit fine.

The Daytona 675 is a different animal altogether. The riding position is roomier than you would expect, but it sure isn't a touring bike. If you don't mind riding in a nearly full race crouch all the time, it is fine, but if you have back, neck, or shoulder problems, it might be a bit much.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
+1 what Will said.

My TT is very comfortable and you should find the Daytonas similar. I've sat on a 675 - imagine curling into a fetal position with your butt on a rock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To clarify my statement. I love the position of my d650. It feels very comfortable.

The d675 was less comfortable to me, but felt much more extreme. But I only sat on it in the showroom.

I'm only 5'10 so I can't say for height.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all for your help....i feel more confident about my choices now.... i also have one more question....do you think the 955i would have more room? that is a niiiiiice bike....i like the post-2002 bikes more than the post-98 ones tho....

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
It is physically bigger, but I have not ridden one. If you really want roomy, take a look at a Speed Triple.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
AeroRyder

The S3 might fit you better. I'm 6' and ride either the S3 or S4 without problems, but the S4 is much closer to the ground.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend and I both have those daytona's I have a 2004 600 and My friend has a 05 650 I love the stance of mine and I am 6'5" and my buddy is the about three inches shorter and wieghs about 280 lbs. We both love our bikes and the way they fit....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks a lot for the tip catenaccio and Will, but i'm not at all a fan of naked bikes

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Aero,

thanks a lot for the tip catenaccio and Will, but i'm not at all a fan of naked bikes
I'm ready to convert to a full-faired bike given the current weather. A windscreen to hunker down behind would be real nice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts