Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry About crappy iphone pix...was trying to be arty farty with the settings.

So!.. I picked up my new Street Triple 675 today, and to be honest I couldn't be happier.

Some of you may know that 2 or so months ago I bought an 08 Blade. I ended up selling the Blade yesterday for 2 reasons.
1. Times have been **** so I needed to "down-grade" to a cheaper bike
2. TBH... I didnt really get on with it... and I have my reasons but they shall remain mine unless you tend to ask me in person

Now.. back to the 675.

First impressions: This is the kind of bike you buy if you want to smile from ear to ear every time you're on it. I love its riding position, it's upright, but you dont feel forced onto the tank.
The sound of the Arrow slip on's are fantastic... the 3cyl pumps out a sound that cannot be discribed but can only be heard.

This bike is ALL about putting the FUN back in riding. It fills you with confidence and makes you feel like you can take on the world with it. The power is more than plentiful for a small guy like me (65kg) and it has a great mix between low down V-Twin power and the screaming top end of the Inline 4 motors.

It's light too.. from dodging traffic with quick little movements, or flicking it from side to side on the twisties. This bike is the kind of machine any person of any skill level can jump on and feel like they have been riding bikes all their lives.

I intend to do a fair bit of distance on the bike, hence I optioned the gel seat (which is fantastic I might add) along with the tank bag and the tail bag. The fly screen and the belly pan were things I HAD to have, mainly just to finnish the look of the bike. All in all, a great package and a neat little bike that makes you realise what riding a motorcycle is all about.

So the options I got are...

Fly Screen
Belly Pan
Tank Pad
Tank Bad
Tail Bag
Seat Cowl
Gel Seat
Carbon Chain Guard (upper & lower)
Rear Hugger (this is an option believe it or not)
Triumph Alarm

I have also Ordered the following...

ASV Levers
Oggys
Clutch Protector
Fork Protectors
Swingarm Protectors/Bobbins.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Congrats to you, Thrux. And BTW, you should start to commit to paper that 1000-word essay of yours. This forum (with all due appreciation) leaves a bit to be desired in terms of existential perspective. You're off to a good start, BTW. One way to prolong it, of course, would be to express yarself about the Blade. "Crux by Thrux?" I, for one, am looking forward to your prose. Best.

Jamie

·
Registered
267 Posts
Very nice bike.

Every time I see black it makes me rethink my options for black instead of the green I ordered... hehe.

But green stands out so it'll turn more heads!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats. I am in the "looking" for a bike mode myself and the ST looks and feels (just sitting on it) great. I appreciate the write up. thanks, John.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts