Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the possible purchase of a Scrambler and joined up to research and learn. Thanks for hosting a great single source of knowledge and experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of reading here lately. Excellent source of collected knowledge and experiences here. I purchased a leftover '08 Scrambler from a local dealer. It has the off-road pipes which I hope to find a new owner for soon and it is the kiwi green tank version (which I also hope to find a new owner for soon). Have not decided yet if I want to swap the tank out completely or take it off and have it prepped/painted locally. Either way, that green has got to go.

The chrome is going away bit by bit as well. It will have a mix of brushed metal and powder coat flat black to math the side covers.

I have all the images and ideas in my head. Just need to find the time and black funding to make it all happen. Love the power of the twin, hate the suspension and popping on deceleration. Other than that, she is everything I hoped for and more. Looking forward to crunching some miles on her.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome! I admire a person who knows what s/he wants in a bike. I tend to add a bit here and there until I find the combination I like spending too much money in the process. Post some pics when you have the bike the way you want it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scrambler was sold as I just could no longer justify throwing money at things I felt were deficient while the wife gave it a thumbs down for comfort riding pillion.

If you had not seen my ride report, I purchased a leftover '12 Tiger 800 Roadie with factory side cases and rode it from Austin to NC after taking delivery. Loving it so far and am finding much less to tweak/modify as I was on the Scrambler... though I still have a soft spot for the Scram as a solo, back-road burner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts