Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone haved any photos of their bikes with Hepco and Becker Junior bags on?
Any comment welcome too. They seem awfully large (even the 30 litre).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
On 2006-11-26 20:04, sweatmachine wrote:
try parking your bike in between a couple of black microwaves and you'll get the general idea...
Insert those little smiley guys laughing there heads off here.
:-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Just uploaded some shot's to my album...while they do slightly encroach...( did I spell this correctly machine ? )...on the passenger pegs swmbt doesnt complain.

swmbt= She who must be tolerated :)

Edit: I'll add that the bag's are great, waterproof riding in heavy rain for hours, will store a 1/2 helmet...( it's all I'll wear and only when state laws force me to )...good set of luggage man.

[ This message was edited by: SCCTrim on 2006-11-26 20:33 ]

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I bought a used pair of Leatherlyke bags that were originally made for a Honda Shadow ACE, they are a bit bigger than the Leatherlykes available for the Bonnie.

I got them off Craigslist for 75 bucks and welded my own brackets...that's a pretty unique set of circumstances though. They are also lockable and waterproof, and better yet...they're top loaders!

here's a pic of me and my old man, and my bro and friend in Jeroma, AZ on our last long trip:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Junior 30s and I like them a lot. I don't do any lane-splitting or tight, city riding, so I don't know how obtrusive they can be. They have been great for me. I completely forget they are there when I am riding.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had the 30s put on but needed more space for all my traveling, so I bought the 40s. Still needed more space so I added the upper 48 liter.

I'm selling the 30s for $325.

To me, the side bags look good. But the upper 48 liter does not, so I only use it when I'm traveling. My wife thinks it makes the bike look better though.

The 40 liter fits a full face helmet and then some. The 30s are good too. All depends if you are going for looks or going for room. The bags are TOUGH and very secure.

Don't listen to sweatmachine about "microwaves". I think his soft bags look like two purses. Can't lock things up either. Other than that, he has a mean, great looking bike.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I apologize since they do lock.

I'm thinking of adding some tassels and metal studs to my hepco bags too to make them look more "manly" and not so microwave looking.

Don't take me too seriously; I'm just toying.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The Hepco stuff is QUALITY!

They're water tight, easily removed from the bike to your hotel room, lockable (both to the bike and from being open), sturdy, and very handsome as far as luggage goes.

I sported the Jr.s, and found that even with the smaller bags...... I can carry far more than what I actually need. By the way, I found a plastic box to secure to the inside of one of my Hepco's, extending out as far from the inside as possible. It allowed me to carry/stash/organize/compartmentalize the small stuff. A trick I learned with BMW System Cases.

The only other bag I would closely at would be the Leatherlyke. And don't do tassels and metal studs, unless you're seriously down for that sorta thang.

·
Registered
537 Posts
FattRatt,

The 30s are ok. I just have to carry a lot of stuff for my work travels. And the 40s give room enough for a helmet to lock up. They also give room for winter riding gear when you are on a long trip and you don't know what the weather will do. Even without the work stuff, I'd just pay the extra $50 and get the 40 liter. They look good. Not much different from the 30s.

When you get the 30 liters, you pay $7.50 a liter. On the 40s, you pay $6.25 a liter.

sweatmachine,

Why don't you just balance the tassel look and put them on the end of your handlebars too? That would look real coooooool. :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the replies, especially the photo posts! Odd how the manufactures don't put too many pics on the web sites. The Hepco's require rear light relocation?
I'm really in a a dilemma - I currently manage (barely) with 24 litres total, compared to 60 with the Hepco! Well, I mean with a tail bag, a tank bag, frying pan dangling on the road and Granny up top in the rocker.
But 60 seems huge. And yet .. the quality... tough decision.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The mounting hardware come's with a bracket to mount the rear indicators to. I installed small rear indicators, so I wouldnt have to mount the additional bracket. The stock indicators and taillight didnt do anything for me anyway as I was looking to make the bike look as old as possible cosmetically.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
sweatmachine dude,

I'm a HUGE fan of industrial truck-bed liner. I bought System Case lids for my bike from an outfit servicing CA Highway Patrol Beemers. I got 'em cheap 'cause they were TORE UP!

I simply took 'em down to my local truck-bed liner shop and had them shoot my lids with the stuff.... and they look GREAT! I used them for more than just my saddle bags; used em for that seat in my latest pic's of what hides beneath my seat cowl.

Don't use duct tape if you want to patch or shape, use metalic tape instead. Rough up the surface, and have them spray a bit over the edges to kinda 'wrap' around the surface.

Oh.... with regard to case size? I also tend to want to carry TOO MUCH if given the ability. The Jr.s though smaller, just look more proportional to the size of the Bonnie. And remember, the system comes with a luggage rack; so if you do top packs, one can be fitted easily.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Man them things are ugly. You could bungee cord a couple of
sutecases to the back of your bike and get the same effect.
A couple of black microwave ovens would look better.
Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts