Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, well so i was in the market to get a new set of gauges for my t100 2011. After searching and doing some research its almost impossible to work with the canbus style speedos on the later model bikes. Long story short, i came up on a good deal for a set of barely used Thruxton EFI gauges that came off a 2011. I posted up a thread about the possiblitliy of them being interchangeable with no luck. Since the price on a set of used gauges compared to a new set at 1k i decided i would take my chances. I figured since both thrux and t100 had the canbus system in place they would work? Well i just received my gauges the other day and im having some problems. The tachometer portion of the gauge seems to be ok as it powers up , the problem im having is the speedo gauge. There seems to have no power what so ever when i turn the key on. No needle movement, no lcd displaying anything. Anyone have any advice? I tried calling TriumphUSA to ask the tech if they had any ideas as to parts interchangeablity between the thrux and t100. Please help anyone!

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts
Not much help really, but Parts sites list the speedo heads as having different part numbers:

For the T100 EFI it's part number T2503138

For the Thruxton EFI it's T2503121

There were some changes to the instruments around June 2010. Triumph Technical News bulletin TN118 details the VIN numbers affected.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply FOrchetoo! Man there is no way i can find out forsure? I mean i called triumphUSA and told them the part number, but the rep said that those numbers are so close that they might be interchangeable but said not to take his word for it as ususally part numbers that close usually mean it works. I need to find someone local who would be kind enough to hook up my Speedo to there T100 or Thurxton. Anyone?! Probably takes 2 mins to unscrew the two acorn nuts and plug and play. Please help if anyone is feeling generous! :)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I'm in San Diego, so not super close but if no one else offers and you want to take a drive down, let me know. i've got a 2012 thrux you could try it on.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Aren't the faces different on the T100 and Thruxton? Could be the reason for the different p/n. Could be the clocks you bought are duff - did your old clocks work ok?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clocks look identical, except the thruxton is white. I'm trying to put my bike together after laying it down. My bike hasn't been working ever since , and plus my clocks were busted. Could it be something else? Seems like just the speedo isn't getting any power.

Cashman thanks for the offer! SD is a little far I'll keep checking for some locals but if all fails ill get in touch. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts