Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help with proper decal placement. 73 T140V

So I purchased a complete decal set off ebay (fromanothertime) and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where these ones go. The bike is my 73 T140V.

These were a bit hard to take decent pics of. With the flash off you couldn't see and with the flash on it made a few hard to read.

Edit:
The very top left one reads "Made in England/PAT NO 647670"

·
Registered
504 Posts
Are you sure that that is the correct set? I think there should be a round '5 Speed' sticker in there and two round ones that go on the fork caps. I also don't think that the 'E 11' should be in there, nor the 'Lucas Difusa'.
I might be wrong though....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm with Mark...that doesnt look like the right set for an OIF model. Some might be usable though. If the points gap sticker has the correct specs, those go on the insde of the points inspection cover. The coil Lucas coil stickers could go on your coils. Most of the other stickers dont look familar to me and the ones that do, appear to go on an older models.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure that that is the correct set? I think there should be a round '5 Speed' sticker in there and two round ones that go on the fork caps. I also don't think that the 'E 11' should be in there, nor the 'Lucas Difusa'.
I might be wrong though....
I deliberately left out some of the stickers that I knew. It came with the fork caps, side covers, 5 speed, Triumph Hydraulic, ect. Anyone have detailed pics of proper placement?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it looks like the "Triumph Manufacturing Co" one goes on the right side of the frame in front of the gas tank near the head. Any one out there with a 73 T140 with any of these decals still present in their original location?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm not sure how authentic some of those decals are.Afaik the 'speed record holder' and the Triumph logo do not belong anywhere.
Coil info,obviously around the coil,...the other small black one are for the air filters.Points gap info behind the points cover.'Drain oil' decal,...I think,...goes below the oil cap.Not sure about the rest.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure how authentic some of those decals are.Afaik the 'speed record holder' and the Triumph logo do not belong anywhere.
Coil info,obviously around the coil,...the other small black one are for the air filters.Points gap info behind the points cover.'Drain oil' decal,...I think,...goes below the oil cap.Not sure about the rest.

I agree completely yet some do belong and is the reason I got the kit from these guys. The Speed Record Holder would be better on a T120. I got the kit for some of the harder ones to find like the big one that goes on the seat pan with all the specs (not pictured).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts