Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im looking at buying a triumph ,,,,its not a matching numbers bike ,can someone tell me anything about the bike please........engine number ...tr6pxc05946.......frame number..dc15975tr6r....im a 48 year old guy from sydney australia and have not been on a bike for 9 years, my last bike was a 1967 bsa thunderbolt wich i ownd for 16 years .. looking forward to getting my hands dirty and the getting in to some rideing soon ...ps im not to good on the computer ,,and i carnt spell to save my life ,,im from the old school if you know what i mean ...and how do i post up photos on here????? iknpw how to send photos by email ...thanks ,,,,albert the tiprat

·
Registered
794 Posts
TipRat,
Welcome to the forum.

The engine is a December 68 (69 Model year). The frame is from April 69 - still the same model year. Not matching numbers, so will decrease the value of the overall bike somewhat, but it's supposedly one of the best models for old Triumphs.

Post some pictures - see the sticky thread at the top of the Classic Vintage and Veteran page for instructions on how to post pictures. Best idea is to get yourself a Photobucket (or similar) account on the web.

Also, take a look at www.britishspares.com. Some good info on their site, and they're good guys to deal with.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
numbers

thanks for that ozbloke it looks like im going to buy this bike,,,its looks like a tidy bike...its in tazzy ,my mate pute me on to it so im takeing his word as to how it runs ,,,,all it needs is a spedo drive and speedo cable,,,, any way there is nothing i carnt fix .... if it needs a rebuild so be it ,,,,,thanks again for your help with the numbers ...... will try to do the photos tomrrow night,,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts