Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 t100. i just got to 3000 miles, i bought the bike used with 2000 on it. the previous owner told be he has a shop replace the pads.
So heres whats wrong, the front brake buzz's when I used them. It is a constant buzz. Almost sounds like something brushing the rotor.

I hadnt rode in a bout a month hopped on the other day and now the back brake is acting up. The back break felt like the rotor was outa wack. The break felt "bumppy" After using the back break some, this sympton has died down a bit.

isnt this to soon for brake issues?

·
29,948 Posts
I'm not sure that you really have brake issues. The buzz is quite normal - it's just the sound of the holes in the rotor rubbing on the brake pads. Mine does that. Freaked me out at first, but then I realized it's just because the bike is so quiet that I can hear everything.

The bumpy bit I can't quite explain, maybe just the back brake settling in after not being used for a while.

Thing about brakes is, if sat unused for long periods of time they can get sticky, so mileage is not always the best measure of their serviceability.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Wow, if that guy went through his pads in 2k miles, he must have had the brakes on all the time! I replaced my rears at about 10 or 11k and still have the fronts with 12k miles on them.
I'd get the wheels off the ground and spin those tires a bit and check it all out for trueness and overall good operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts