Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I did some carb work on my '04 Bonnie Black and when I went to replace the vacuum line to the top bar between of the carbs (not the fuel line - forgive the crude description, but I don't know the actual term for that bar), it came loose from what ever it was attached to on the other end and I can't find where it should go. I went through the Triumph factory service manual but can't find a mention of it. I have the SAI removed as well as the air box if that narrows it down. Can anyone help and save me a trip to the dealer?

BK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. No, there is a black plastic tube running between and connecting the two carbs with a nipple closer to the left carb (as you sit on the bike). It's on the upper side near the choke bar. The rubber line, if I remember correctly, runs up and over the two carbs to...somewhere. It's the other black rubber line (not the lower fuel line) that you need to disconnect to get the carbs off.

I could be wrong about it being a vacuum line - I'm a bit confused as to what it does.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Sounds like the tube that went to the purge valve, which was attached to the frame beneath the tank. It was part of the California emission set up my New Jersey bike came with. Took all that stuff off...but the hose remains. Seems to do nothing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That must explain the clip that's empty under my tank. I guess that's where it was "connected"?

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
No, it didn't run to a purge valve unless you had the EVAP system installed (two canisters under the swing arm). In either case, the vacuum line ran down in that general vicinity. I don't have that line at all anymore. Just twist the tube between the carbs so that the nipple points down and you're good to go. That's the vent line for the float bowls in the carbs. It has to be open to the atmosphere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts