Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the story......

I purchased a beautiful (but slightly abused) T509 here in Singapore - lets just say they there arent a lot of T509's around these parts.

I want replace / refirb some key pieces of the bike (eg.radiator, fairings) but there is a severe shortage of donor bikes and parts.

I'd gladly import the parts, however, I'd hate to impot the parts then find out that they dont fit.........

My question ----- is there a rule of thumb or general assumption that I can make about the interchangeability of major parts between a 98 T509 and other model / years??

Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pretty much anything up to a 2000 is interchangable other than the engine and ECU, but the bump up to 955cc is always nice. Halfway through 2001 was the model split so thats the hairy part.

·
Super Moderator
21,187 Posts
Welcome! Please take a moment if you would to revisit your UserCP and adjust your settings - include your location and also list your T509 as your 'favourite bike' This will ensure that further respondents have a recognizable frame of reference as that info will always be apparent by your avatar in the left margin.

All of the body parts will be same through 2001 Model Year (differences being the colours & tail graphic but physically same fit) - and also cross over to the Daytona (tank, tail, front & rear fenders, seats) The frame, exhaust (but not headers), wheels, brakes & suspension are all consistent on all S3 & Daytonas.
The radiator is unique to the T509 - although there is no reason why you couldn't install the later (99-01) S3 bigger radiator.

A useful tool is to use the BikeBandit parts fiche.
http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-motorcycle-parts/oem-parts

Note that it does not use OEM part numbers!
But you can compare the part number for the listed item for sale and its year/model with that for your year/model and see if they are the same.

Good luck bringing your T509 back to prime condition.
Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts