Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I'm kind of tire ignorant. Just got a set of Pirelli sport demons for my 13 Thrux and I need to know tube sizes front and rear.

Front: 110/80-18
Rear: 140/80-17

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Go on Dennis Kirk and browse tubes. Each will tell you what tires they fit. Go premium on tubes. They hold air longer!

·
Banned
451 Posts
Need some help. I'm kind of tire ignorant. Just got a set of Pirelli sport demons for my 13 Thrux and I need to know tube sizes front and rear.

Front: 110/80-18
Rear: 140/80-17

Thanks!!!
Just use the tubes that are in there, no need to change tubes when you change tires...

Did you make sure the Tires you bought were tube compatible, not all are you know...?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just use the tubes that are in there, no need to change tubes when you change tires...

Did you make sure the Tires you bought were tube compatible, not all are you know...?
I never reuse old tubes, since dirt bike days.

There's like one tire made nowadays thats tube specific. I've run supermoto tires with tubes for years.

·
Banned
451 Posts
I never reuse old tubes, since dirt bike days.

There's like one tire made nowadays thats tube specific. I've run supermoto tires with tubes for years.
You threw me a little there when I said to use the tubes in there, I misread your post I thought it was a new 2016 Thruxton and I figured the tubes were new..

I'm not sure I get the thing with the tubed or tubeless part though. Pirelli and any other sport bike manufacturer stipulate whether they are for tubed wheels, tubeless wheels, or both on the side of the tire. You can see that on this page http://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all_about_tyres/all_about_tyres

Also seems strange that you wont re-use tubes but you will put a tubeless labelled tire on a tubeless wheel?

·
Premium Member
2008 Bonneville Black
12,496 Posts
Finding the right tube is a pain in the arse. Revzilla is a good vender, these Pirelli's are good (natural rubber, etc), and the sizing is a bit less cryptic than some other sites/brands:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pirelli-heavy-duty-tire-tubes

Plus then you have Pirelli tubes with Pirelli tires, so ... that has to be good?

Personally, I reuse tubes once, then throw them away. Well, I actually save them. I have a pile of them. There's no reason for it though. I may be a hoarder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You threw me a little there when I said to use the tubes in there, I misread your post I thought it was a new 2016 Thruxton and I figured the tubes were new..

I'm not sure I get the thing with the tubed or tubeless part though. Pirelli and any other sport bike manufacturer stipulate whether they are for tubed wheels, tubeless wheels, or both on the side of the tire. You can see that on this page http://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all_about_tyres/all_about_tyres

Also seems strange that you wont re-use tubes but you will put a tubeless labelled tire on a tubeless wheel?
When I entered our bike info on that, the tires I bought come up haha!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Personally, I reuse tubes once, then throw them away. Well, I actually save them. I have a pile of them. There's no reason for it though. I may be a hoarder.
What?!! There's zillion good uses for the stack of used tubes I also can't seem to bring myself to part with. First, they're good cushion between whatever and your pliers... and sometimes my wife needs a spanking (she never reads this - haha!) I have all sizes - 20" BMX, 24" MTB, 24" MTB Urban Slicks, 700c, 27" 10-speed, 19" Flat Tracker and today's purchase a 17" for the rear of my new Thruxton : -(

Ran over some heavy wire and all the air came out real quick. Right as I got to a red light - 2 blocks from the local Honda shop, 20 minutes before they close, so I dog paddled up there and they got it on the lift with a sincere promise to have the new tube in and tire-hole repaired within 30 minutes of opening tomorrow so I can go on the ride I have planned with work-buddies - no interruption! Yay Fred's Honda Corvallis Oregon !!!

Coincidentally, a fellow Triumph rider I never met pulled over to assist just as my wife appeared out of nowhere on her bicycle. Turned out they know each other, as he took her 'Why War' class and now, in a few days this nice young man is off to Naval (Marines) Officer Training - He promises to keep in touch - After getting sorted out at the Honda shop, Linda walked her bike beside me as we walked home together like sweethearts. Life is good. Even with flats : -)

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Finding the right tube is a pain in the arse. Revzilla is a good vender, these Pirelli's are good (natural rubber, etc), and the sizing is a bit less cryptic than some other sites/brands:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pirelli-heavy-duty-tire-tubes

Plus then you have Pirelli tubes with Pirelli tires, so ... that has to be good?

I'm sure you could find a use for them.:smile2:

Patching holes in the new ones?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts