Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took off my head light to paint the bucket black. Bike started before all this and now it won't start! 10 minutes before putting the head light back on it started fine also. Once i put the light on and pulled all the harnesses back through, no go. I have checked all the wires and connections to make sure i didn't bind anything while putting it back together and it all looks fine. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
go through it all again and make sure it's plugged together correctly. Black plugs go with black plugs and white with white. Make sure nothing was damaged when you pulled it through the headlight hole.

You might also check your fuses, battery connections, etc just to be sure. Is there gas in it? Is the petcock on/off/reserve? Kill switch?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
Blown fuse all good now

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
blown fuse

Glad you found the problem, it leads one to ask if you disconnected your battery, or even removed it, when you started working on the bike.....did you"?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It didn't even cross my mind to disconnect the battery until after i found the blown fuse. Lesson learned i guess. On a better note just got back from about a 250 mile ride today with some friends. Got to love when the weather lets up in January.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts