Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I passed my test in October and bought my lovely blue speed four, which admittedly has always been a little too tall for me! However in November I damaged my left side Achilles’ tendon, and after months of physio I’m told it’s now as good as it will get and it’s just too weak to hold the weight so I can get the bike on its stand. I’ve always thought that the side stand is too small but now it’s a real problem, in fact I can’t ride it because I can’t park it unless I’ve got a wall to hold on to when I lean it onto its stand! I wondered if anyone had any ideas of what I can do? Is there some sort of side stand extension I can get? Or just a completely new, longer stand? I’ve spent so much money training, passing my test and now buying my bike that I’m not going to let my injury stop me even though it’s been suggested that “perhaps I need to find a new hobby instead”
:frown2:

·
Super Moderator
8,788 Posts
Don't give up! Has your bike been lowered at all? You don't want the bike to fall over when it's on its sidestand, but you clearly don't want it to be leaning over any farther than it has to. If the bike is a bit too tall for you, and the sidestand is too long for you, lowering the bike a bit might solve both problems. There are, or were, lowering links that would let you lower the back of the bike. Then you drop the triple tree on the fork legs to lower the front of the bike the same amount to keep the bike's geometry the same.

Don't let anything stop you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you will :)

The bike hasn’t been lowered no, I was told that it had adjustable suspension so lowering it would be easy however I have to admit I have no mechanical knowledge neither do any of my family so I haven’t looked into this further as I can’t afford to take it to a garage and pay someone at the moment.. perhaps I should get a quote for this.. if it isn’t too expensive then might be a good fix so I can get my bike out finally!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts