Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL

I need some of your help pls.... i have fitted tinicators front and back TO MY S3 09 , i just cut wires and used bullets to reconect them.When turning indicators on they flash like a hamster on speed , which i knew would happen .But i now have bought 2 LED flasher units ( one from same place as indicators ) and when i fit either they simple do not work , nothing either left or right. When put the original back in they simple flash like the hamster again.I believe that i must have the wiring the right way as they flash fast... am i missing something? i tried reversing the wiring but still nothing....i find it hard to believe i have dud relays . I know we spoke about this before but i still can not get them to work ,What relay did you put ( model number pls) .
As you can probaly see i am not used to working on this bike so very green to all this any help would be much aprieiated

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Check the pin layout on the LED friendly relays you have. This is what it should look like:

This is the same as for most Euro cars. NOT the same as Japanese/US cars.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I dont know if this will help, I had to help my mate with his zzr1100, he fitted a new flasher relay and they still wouldnt work, I found the plug was 45 degrees out on the relay,if you know what I mean.
3 pins on the relay as per Martins drawing, but the plug only used 2 pins and he had plugged it in to 31 and 49a instead of 49a and 49 :confused: worked a treat immediately :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... you are correct again, they are wired the wrong way round so i have changed the wires on the conector ...and it works fine.

Many thanks for the info, very new to al this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts