Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks-

I'm missing my bezel that surrounds my ignition- what keeps it tight in the top tree. In other words, its just hanging there, loose and flopping around, and lower than if it was mounted and supported.

I went to a dealer- in Daytona, and the parts manager can't find it, we looked on the charts for ignition, forks, body, fuel tank, everything.

Any ideas about a part #? Thanks...

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hi Mate,

If I'm reading you right then the two bolts that hold the ignition barrel in have come out and it's just hanging loose ??

If that's the case all you have to do is to buy two new bolts, tighten them up and it should be ok after that. Remember to use some thread lock.

The bolts that would have fell out are security bolts that can't be loosened by any potential thieves. It's best to put security bolts back on, if not, allen headed bolts.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick - apologies :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shear bolt was gone-

The ignition was held flush with a bezel, and tie wrapped to hold it from falling out- tie broke- if you look at your bike, you'll the trim around the ignition- doesn't show up on the schematic...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts