Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating on going all black with my bike or black and gold. I was going to powdercoat most things that are chrome/polished/silver to black or gold, then get some black bars as well. Also I was debating on bark busters (havent scene a set on a triple yet). What do ya think?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I did this in a hurry, but it's at least an idea of how it might look. Sort of a nod to those '99 SE Daytonas.
I'd also add the gold Triumph bars.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I dig the black & gold because it gives the bike some accents and helps with the lines, something that is often lost on all-black bikes. It's also something different. This R&R article points out how much black is being used these days;

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/Black_metal.htm

I have a black bike myself, but it has plenty of chrome and brushed aluminum to keep it's lines defined. It's my first black bike in 11 years. I'd had two other black bikes in the 8 years prior to that last one and had become worn out on the look. I dig my Triple and plan to keep it as long as I did the previous one, but truth be told - I think the orange and the white models look better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here's an example of Black/Gold. Notice the graphics are also gold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts