Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A workmate of mine popped into my office and asked if I knew much about Rocket 3. I asked why and he fessed to being very close to buying a new HD Softail Deluxe but before doing so wanted info on our 'big brother'.
Of course, I could have simply said go and ride and compare, but we work hundreds of miles from anywhere, so that aint possible for a month.
I told him he will get more power/torque at a cheaper price. But I thought I should consult you wise ones, seeing as I know fuggorl about HD, except they make a fine ole racket.
He showed me a picture of the Deluxe and it does look sweet, in an old-fashioned way. Cheers

·
Registered
403 Posts
On 2007-03-01 22:32, Yandicoogina wrote:
A workmate of mine popped into my office and asked if I knew much about Rocket 3. I asked why and he fessed to being very close to buying a new HD Softail Deluxe but before doing so wanted info on our 'big brother'.
Of course, I could have simply said go and ride and compare, but we work hundreds of miles from anywhere, so that aint possible for a month.
I told him he will get more power/torque at a cheaper price. But I thought I should consult you wise ones, seeing as I know fuggorl about HD, except they make a fine ole racket.
He showed me a picture of the Deluxe and it does look sweet, in an old-fashioned way. Cheers
Everyone has a harley..... but how many have a freakin ROCKET!?!?! Tell him to be unique.... the chicks will dig it!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not everybody here has a Harley, mainly the druglords. We have too many long isolated roads for a HD to be a serious option.
They are pretty ***** pricey for what you get, I think the Softail is about A$32 big ones 'on the road'. Rocket 3 is about 27, once you've paid all the extra fees.
To be honest, I can't see how he will avoid buying an R3 once he enjoys a ride. I know its all about image and HD still holds the No. 1 spot here, but much more spank in the Trumpy.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Tell him to stop being such a poofta, toughen up, get some rider training, throw his leather waistcoat, chaps and bandana in the bin, where they belong and buy an S3.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Why don't you pose his question over on the Cruiser forum, and print out the results? I'm sure most Rocket riders came to triumph from HD or one of the Big 4 cruisers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts