Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a fatbar on in place of my 07 chrome bar. I already have the 1 1/8 risers. I'm specifically looking for a PRO TAPER CONTOUR MX bar bend that will work beside the "Carmichael", they are too wide. Maybe a RENTHAL recomendation. Has any one put on a set of MINI LO PRO TAPERS on. Do they have a shorter base and more legnth on the ends for mounting controls? Cutting ends dosn't seem to be an option because of the slace needed to put on the controls. I'm trying to go cheap I can get a set of PRO TAPERS or RENTHAL'S for $50. I do want something slightly lower then the Triumph bar with less pull back but keep the width narrow. I tried a TAG CR HI bend but it was too high but worse they were too high for the front brake line. I couldn't cut them on the ends and still put on the controls because of the extremely long base. If I could the controls wouldn't fit. I looked at RIZOMA dimensions and their ok but I can't get a deal on those. I am looking for any responder who has used PRO TAPERS without mods to other equipment (with the exception of drilling holes in the bars or grinding off the plastic switch housing tabs). Any PRO TAPER CONTOUR suggestions that work (other than the "Carmichael's"). If so....Is the end legnth long enough. I'm thinking PRO TAPER MINI LO's are short enough to put grips, switch housing and lever mount on without problem. I went to all the dealers in my area and nobody as any PRO TAPER bars other than CR HI and WINDHAMS to compare to my stock bars. Anybody? HELP MARTIN R!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a hold of a distrubuter catalogue and found some fatbars made by Renthal sepcifically for road. I guess I will be getting those although they are the same pull back as stock bars. I was hoping for 55 to 60 not 72. Anyway, thanks for the overwhelming response. I guess there arn't too many with MX bars. They seem to be too wide and cant be cut with out moving the controls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts