Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired this nickel plated frame that I believe was manufactured in the early to mid seventies. The head tube is somewhat distinctive, as as is also the swingarm pivot. Although it is along the lines of a Trackmaster frame, from the limited information I have found as regards the Trackmaster frames, they did not typically have a seperate oil chamber for the top tube, as can be seen in the attched photos.

The workmanship seems to be of high quality. Also distinctive to this frame are the two mounting brackets for the rear shocks.

My plan is to install either a 1966 T120TT engine, or perhaps a later T140 engine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
Those all look like TIG welds to me. Are you sure that's not a chrome-moly frame with a brushed finish?

The vertical adjustments to the swingarm pivot are interesting. Knowing little about flat track bikes not sure if this is typical of racing frames or unique to this design. I guess canting the wheel so it is more vertical thru the sliding turn would give you more bite as you exit the corner. Unless there is another reason for such an adjustment.

regards,
Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I acquired this nickel plated frame that I believe was manufactured in the early to mid seventies. The head tube is somewhat distinctive, as as is also the swingarm pivot. Although it is along the lines of a Trackmaster frame, from the limited information I have found as regards the Trackmaster frames, they did not typically have a seperate oil chamber for the top tube, as can be seen in the attched photos.

The workmanship seems to be of high quality. Also distinctive to this frame are the two mounting brackets for the rear shocks.

My plan is to install either a 1966 T120TT engine, or perhaps a later T140 engine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
that is a trackmaster frame for the american project Bill Kennedy was behind this effert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts