Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '63 Bonne that was 'chopperized' by a previous owner. I'm trying to figure out what hubs I have. I've done a bit of homework and I think this rear hub/brake is OEM. Can someone confirm?

For the front, I'm pretty sure it's not OEM as the brake drum was on the wrong side. Any ideas on make?

Front Brake Shoe marking:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The rear looks OEM not the front. Triumph didn't have twin leading shoe front breaks until 68 I believe. The wheel shown appears to have a socket for a speedometer cable on the backing plate and splines in the hub to turn a speedo gear. I don't think it is Triumph at all. Have you got a picture of the forks?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Rear hubs is Triumph, 1950 thru 1965, 'B' Range. Front could be Honda or Yamaha from the 60 / 70's?
Roy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

I did a little more research and found out that the front hub is off of a 1975 Honda XL175K2- I was just testing you :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope we passed the test, Ademo?
Roy.
Roy et al:

With flying colors! I really appreciate the willingness to help a newbie like me. I have a huge project ahead of me so I'll be relying on the great people of this forum for help. As the months (years) pass, I hope to be able to learn enough so that one day I can offer a bit of advice to someone in need.

-Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts