Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I pull down my front forks and installed emulators...also pulled rear fender to make a fender eliminator and the fuel tank to do a cam swap. Put everything back on sunday and today. Anyway, I got the pictured two bolt left over!??! Anyone know where they came out of? Bikes an '04 Thruxton.

Must be somewhere visible since they are finished nicely....

Thanks!!

--Rich

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
:laughhard: I love when there are extra parts left over

I would be afraid to ride until someone chimes in though
There was a time when I would plant something just like these at a friend's house in the pile of bits that had been removed during similar circumstances. That, and my huge 10 x 10 workspace, effectively eliminated friends interrupting my wrenching work...so I know they belong on the bike somewhere.

I pulled this thing apart in November...so its a bit foggy where they came from...I also have most of the bits that the previous owner pulled off the bike (AI, airbox, seat/sidecover, engine covers, etc.), so its possible they migrated onto the shelf from another source.

Thanks for taking joy in my situation. <ahem>

--Rich

·
Registered
623 Posts
Okay, so I pull down my front forks and installed emulators...also pulled rear fender to make a fender eliminator and the fuel tank to do a cam swap. Put everything back on sunday and today. Anyway, I got the pictured two bolt left over!??! Anyone know where they came out of? Bikes an '04 Thruxton.

Must be somewhere visible since they are finished nicely....

Thanks!!

--Rich
IT looks to me like your headlight bolts.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just went out and looked at my bike,here are my two guesses Fender frame bolts that mount to front forks? Two small bolts on the bottom side of speedo?

·
Registered
453 Posts
DrX, said "Two small bolts on the bottom side of speedo". That was my first thought also.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
A coin next to them might help to give perspective to the size of the bolts.

They do look like headlight bolts, but maybe too small but it's hard to tell what size they are.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT looks to me like your headlight bolts.
Bingo! I suspected they were from some sort of change/take-off on the bike and not from the work at hand. The flyscreen has longer headlight bolts and these must be the originals...

Thanks Carlos!

A coin next to them might help to give perspective to the size of the bolts.

They do look like headlight bolts, but maybe too small but it's hard to tell what size they are.
Yes, the size perspective occurred to me last night after posting...but it was late (for me) and I was hoping the head of the fasteners was enough of a clue. Those are the only bolts with heads of that style I have seen fitted to the bike...though my machine had a few things changed/removed prior to my stewardship.

Thanks guys! Just need to add fuel and affix the registration tag & she's ready to roll...

--Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts