Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I tried to lock my handlebars on my 2007 Bonneville. I turn the bars to the left and try to lock the handlebars. I insert the key and turn it. I can only push the lock halfway through, but not enough to where it goes fully down and locks. Does any one know how to fix this problem? Help!!!

I did go down recently, but it lowsided on the left side. Not sure if its relevant to the off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind...problem solved. Just wiggled the handlebars as I was turning and pushing the key and it engaged easily

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Works Now

Do yourself a favor & dont use it again! When I bought my Bonne the dealer said "Dont use the fork lock"! It WILL break one day & you will have stuck forks!! Very poor design! Do yourself a favor & get a disc lock or lojack etc.. Better deterent & wont leave you stranded some day!
Used mine 1x & that was it! It really sucks- the deisgn that is!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do yourself a favor & dont use it again! When I bought my Bonne the dealer said "Dont use the fork lock"! It WILL break one day & you will have stuck forks!! Very poor design! Do yourself a favor & get a disc lock or lojack etc.. Better deterent & wont leave you stranded some day!
I was JUST thinking that...what if the key breaks when the handlebars are locked...I am soo screwed. I'm actually gonna do that...buy a disc lock where it fits easily in my pocket.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
+1 on what he said. They bend real easy and can be real fun to fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts