Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have to be a mental midget to ask this question but I'll ask it any way. What do I have to do to remove the quick disconnect gas line from the gas tank on my 2006 Speed Triple. I know how to get the tank off but how do I get the gas line to disconnect?

Do I just pull it to get the hose to detach from the tank? Or, is there something to push? or ???? :???:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
On the 02-04 model there is a little pin on the connection that needs to get pushed in. You then slide the small metal plate (clasp) over which allows you to disonnect the hose.

Capt.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There are 2 square white buttons on the connector. Squeeze in on both of them simultaneously whilst pulling gently on the connector. Should pull right off. Expect a couple of drops of gas to pee upon your fingers when you pull it off so extinguish your cigarette before doing it. I always have more trouble getting the frigging electrical plug
off that the gas line. Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
On 2006-11-22 20:12, auraaura wrote:
I always have more trouble getting the frigging electrical plug
off that the gas line. Have fun!!
Same here, it's the only thing that makes me hesitate pulling out the tank. I've tried some silicon grease on the*****, so hopefully next time it should come off easier, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Dont forget to mark where the two breather pipes come from. Get wrong creates a vacuum in the tank.

MH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts