Low RPMs, deceleration, light revs off idle. I'm getting this "puff" through the carbs every once and a while (esp when cold). What is this am I hurting my my engine? Does it need tuning? Please Help
Makes me feel a hell of a lot better. Thanks! I'll wait until the 800 miles to bring it up.Sounds like it maybe normal. Many of these bikes pop on decel due to AI which is magnified if you have freer flow pipes that let more air in.
If the bike runs well and you are only getting light popping when closing the throttle you likely are fine.
Hope that helps,
I wouldn't say definately although some sort of vacume leak is a possibility. When my T100 spat off a vacume cap the bike ran like a hairy goat, backfiring through exhaust, spitting back through the carbs and idling very roughly. The OP's symptoms don't appear to be that bad.Like Izzo said! It is definitely the rubber stopper nipple on the carb has fallen off. This is a common problem.
You know what?.... You're 100% right!Sounds like a rubber thingy to me. The airbox would probably capture anything like that. Or you could be a paranoid guy like most of us who have a new bike and it's nothing. AND you have a warranty, so take to the Dealer and fixit.:Wave:
FYI. I know there tends to be some variance, but I was under the impression that the first service was supposed to be 500 miles (it is also stated as such in the warranty & service record that came with the bike.) 800 shouldn't be a problem, but it seems a bit on the longish side. My first service is tomorrow, it will be just over 600 miles. I would take it in sooner, rather than later, since there are issues to be addressed. I would also carefully check your vacuum caps and look into removing the AI crap, you might be able to have the dealer do it during your scheduled service, if you don't wish to do it yourself.I have to bring it to the dealer when i reach 800miles for the follow up and synthetic oil, I'd like to wait until then because the poping isn't that bad and not that often, if I'm not hurting anything I'd like to hold off until then, the dealer is a ways away.
So can it wait another 350 miles? Or am i hurting something?