Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had a pair of these for about a year and a half, and they're worn out.

Actually, not bad boots - built-in shin guard, very comfortable, leather uppers. I like 'em 'cause I can wear 'em at work and nobody gripes (we have a dress code - no sneakers and the like).

So, I'm thinking of getting another pair just like it, but I'm kinda liking the Icon Field Armors. They'd work for work, and look pretty hooliganesque. But some reviews I've read say the thick toe is a pain in the butt for shifting.

Something more sedate might be the new Joe Rocket "Meteor" - at least their new stuff doesn't say ROCKET all over it.

Remember, I'm talkin' about casual riding boots that are work-safe as well. Full-on squid boots I got already.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've got these:

Oxtar Explorer Gore-Tex:

And Oxtar Jupiter Gore-tex:

Discrete and water proof.

But there's nothing like some good hand-made "Caneleira" Boots!

:-D

·
Registered
276 Posts
The Icon Field Armor boots might require you to adjust the position of your shift lever, or simply adjust your technique.

I got a pair of Oxtar Infinity boots a few months ago and found that they were quite a bit thicker through the toe than my previous street-only boots, making the shifter feel vague. I adapted to it over the course of a couple of weeks and I hardly ever wear my old boots anymore.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Forget the Icon Field Armor. I asked for a pair last Christmas sight unseen and when I got them I promptly sent them back.
Huge boot and shifting would have sucked. Not a comfortable fit either. I wear my Alpine Star squid boots on every ride.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2006-12-22 12:37, R100Pilot wrote:
Full-on squid boots I got already.
You mean like these?

:-D

Actually, these are a newer version of what I have:

Small, but they give good protection, are very comfortable, and are very water resistant. Expensive, though, and they have laces. I wear mine almost all the time.

[ This message was edited by: Goffe on 2006-12-22 14:35 ]

·
Banned
798 Posts
R100, I'd go with these Dainese for one reason (actually several).

These have a flap that folds over to keep the laces from blowing and getting tangled with a shift lever or brake. I had that happen one time. Went to put my foot down at a stoplight and couldn't. Oh krap, just fell right over. Nothing I could do. I vowed right there to never wear laces again.

These things are unbelievably comfortable, good for walking too. I love mine. And, nobody will even notice them if you have to dress business casual for work. And if someone does say something, well, just tell em "hey mind you own f&*King business you f^&$** f&*(kers!!!" Sorry I watched Scarface last night.

-kjazz

Motoliberty

[ This message was edited by: kwajazz on 2006-12-22 15:00 ]

·
Registered
973 Posts
Those icon's are a little flashy Buck rogers like. I could do the rockets though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts