Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you have it under the seat (as T120 has)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do have it under my seat, but on the occasions that my wife comes with me – which is often – I need another helmet lock. On the Motone website it notes: Fits all years Hinckley Bonneville T100/SE/Scrambler/Thruxton. There's no mention of the Street Twin.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I do have it under my seat, but on the occasions that my wife comes with me – which is often – I need another helmet lock. On the Motone website it notes: Fits all years Hinckley Bonneville T100/SE/Scrambler/Thruxton. There's no mention of the Street Twin.

They won't fit without some minor modifications

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't you have it under the seat (as T120 has)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has anybody been able to make the under seat lock work? I can't make it work with any helmets I have (current is Shoei NeoTec).

I have resorted to a pad lock on the tail rack. It's rather crude but gets the job done.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the Motone lock works with the Thruxton 1200 R? It doesn't appear they have updated the site for the latest model '16 and up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Our lock requires that the peg on the back of it be removed. Also the included washer is too small, will need to drill it or buy a new one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My HJC CL-16 works well under there, but it's a major PITA to get the D-RING on and off and then the seat back on.
Yes, exactly! A major PITA to actually use and if your chin strap isn't long enough etc. the seat won't close.

I don't get why they didn't do better. I had that same setup on my old air head BMW and it worked like a charm, super easy to use with a side folding seat.

In general it seems like most Euro bikes have really poor if any helmet locks, I don't get it. None of my 6 Euro bikes have a useable helmet lock stock, well to be honest the Bonneville is the only one that even has any attempt at one. Almost all Japanese bikes have a useable helmet lock, maybe it's a cultural thing?

·
Registered
131 Posts
In general it seems like most Euro bikes have really poor if any helmet locks, I don't get it. None of my 6 Euro bikes have a useable helmet lock stock, well to be honest the Bonneville is the only one that even has any attempt at one. Almost all Japanese bikes have a useable helmet lock, maybe it's a cultural thing?
Exactly, here we don't need any helmet locks, nobody is stealing helmets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually I got pretty much used to the underwear lock by now that I'd say it is easy, not a PITA at all. I just unlock the bench and lift it a tiny bit while feeling for the hook, hang in the D-ring and then push the seat right back. When you have done this a few times, it is a matter of seconds

·
Premium Member
853 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Ducati didn't have anything, so at least this is something. I figure the bean counters were probably looking for a way to cut some cost. I wouldn't be surprised if they had an elegant solution for it, then had to scrap it to save some $$$. I'd rather them skimp on a helmet lock than on other things.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts