Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking forward to reading some good posts and learning a few things about my new Triumph Tiger 800.

Live in Beaverton, Oregon -

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome Ryno!

The Tiger has garnered a lot of attention in the press. Reviews are trickling in here at TRATnet as more people purchase then ride their Tigers.

Why don't you share your impressions? I'm positive many members would like to hear what you have to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Catenaccio,
First impressions from a novice rider of street bikes: (Disclaimer, I am a new rider. Seasoned bike riders may scoff at what my impressions if they are liter bike vet's or other - these are the 1st impressions of a new rider)
1.) Holy crap, the tank on the Tiger 800 is HUGE! I think this is just a realization that this is not my sport ATV (Raptor 700) which feels so narrow between my legs in comparison.
2). Having had the bike for >3days, and about 50 miles - the bike is super stable and confidence inspiring. 10 minutes of back-lot driving at the dealership was enough to get my confidence up enough to try to 10 mile trip home. No worries.
3.) "Punchy" throttle - cracking open the first 1/4 throttle can throw a few surprises... this bike has a learning curve to it, but is quickly understood - it's not your grammy's V-Twin, the bike has LOADS of torque and wants to get you going...in a hurry! It's FUN!
4.) ABS - WOW (I think?). Never ridden an ABS equipped bike before, but the bike wants to stop you - in a hurry - but not toss you off. A+ in my opinion
5.) Rev's are higher than I expected at hwy speeds, then I looked down and realized I was going 65mph and they were only 3800-4000. The bike probably has loads more depth to it, but I'm too novice to explore yet. Time...
6.) Fit-n-finish. Can't find a thing to complain about here - this bike is simply clairvoyant. Clutch pull is smooth and easy, brakes are firm yet predictable, bike simply 'fits' me (6'2", 220 lb).

Hope that helps round out some info from other riders. Peace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts