Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
04 Bonneville, Tiger front end, Ohlins, CR-S's, UNI pods, Renthal's, Brembo 19 RCS, m-Unit, AG 801
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to briefly introduce myself to the forum. My name is Mike, I live in North Carolina, and I own a slightly modified 04 Bonneville. I'm interested in gaining new insight and sharing my knowledge regarding Triumph twins. Anyway, I'm not much for talking about myself as you can probably tell. If anyone has any question's feel free to ask.

Reactions: tiny tiger

·
Registered
04 Bonneville, Tiger front end, Ohlins, CR-S's, UNI pods, Renthal's, Brembo 19 RCS, m-Unit, AG 801
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

That is one sweet looking Bonneville! You have done some very nice work to it. I would love to ride that.

The Air Cooled Twins Talk forum is where you can connect with other Bonneville riders. Introduce yourself there, post more photos of your extremely cool Bonneville, and join the banter.

http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/

Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the compliments and likes, it means a lot!

Sean Patrick, thanks for the guidance. To introduce myself in the Air Cooled Twins section would I start another post like I did here? I'm still trying to figure out the forum but it's coming along. I'm not super tech savvy, a bit better with hand tools and such.

Slowandpatchy, she's no full custom, no frame mods and no internal engine mods, yet... Well actually there's just a bit of the tail section frame cut as to not protrude from under the seat. Maybe it's a bit more custom than I thought, lol.

Once again thanks for the compliments, I'll add some more pictures this weekend.

Reactions: Sean Patrick

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts
Sean Patrick, thanks for the guidance. To introduce myself in the Air Cooled Twins section would I start another post like I did here? I'm still trying to figure out the forum but it's coming along. I'm not super tech savvy, a bit better with hand tools and such.
Here is the link for the Introductions and Welcomes thread within the Air Cooled Twins Talk forum.

http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-talk/91467-introductions-and-welcomes-here.html

Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great looking Bonnie! I'd like to know more about the Tiger front conversion. Looks like a blast to ride anywhere.
Thanks Goquattro! Well basically its the forks, triple clamps, hub assembly, brake assembly, and bars off a 2011 Tiger 800. The front wheel is essentially an 19" Excel and the spokes are custom length made by Buchanan Spokes. The lower triple clamp bearings were compatible with the Bonne but the upper bearings were a bit more difficult to source... Once the measurements were figured out it ended up being an A/C compressor bearing that was the best fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts