Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forums. Bought a new green Bonneville earlier this season. Have enjoyed all the good ideas and opinions here.

Finally got some TOR's and a re-jet, and I'm in love all over again. Fantastic bikes! Will post pics when I figure out how.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Welcome. I don't know how to post pictures either. Probably for the better because I have so many.
2006 T100 Red & Black Bonneville. Put up for the week. Snow coming they say. I may ride tomorrow. But not later. The cold is supposed to be already up your way I guess. Now where did I put my cycle snow chains?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insured by Smith and Wesson? Probably very effective! Nice to make your acquaintance, Bob.

The snow will be flying here later this week. We got a few warm days recently to enjoy on the bike. I'm going to be in serious withdrawl. How much can you polish a bike before the paint wears off?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Not S&W. Ruger, Kimber, Walther, Makarov.
I may ride tomorrow but there is a chance of rain. My work mate rode today & I didn't. It rained almost all day. But is stopped & the roads were almost dry so he was okay going home. He has a Speedy.
I have a million things to do to Bonnie but if it is nice I am riding.
Just don't take all the paint off.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome! I bought the black bonnie, but it was a toss-up between black and green - love that color!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Welcome bonniegreen
I have been loving my new bonnie since the beginning of
2001. And I'm sure you will be loving yours for some time too.
We are getting ready for all the snow here in New England also.
Bill

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kliff,

I like the looks of that Thruxton seat on yours. How does the height of it compare to the stock seat?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Howdy! Welcome! Green's good, black's faster...

:-D

·
Registered
683 Posts
On 2006-11-28 07:17, kliff wrote:
Welcome dude.....I love Green Bonnies....
I didn't measure the height, but I think it's about the same. It is narrower at the front and makes for a much more comfortable seating position with my 30" inseam. The "gel insert" I'm told it has is REALLY nice. Combined with the new bars, I think 250-300 mile pain free days will be a possibility.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now where did ou get a green Bonnie? From Sturgess? When I asked they were only selling T100s and blacks. I just got my Black yesterday. :-D I am head over heals......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I got it at Sturgess. Great people, great store! Mine is the '05 model, purchased new this past July. It was one of the last of a group of Bonnies they ordered with the standard engine and polished covers.

Did you just buy the Bonnie black last week? Jamie mentioned a guy who wanted to hear what the TOR pipes sounded like, and just then they rode by on my bike to test the jetting on the new TORs. Then allegedly the guy said, "great, I'll take it" or something like that. Was that you? If so, I saw your bike in the showroom before you bought it.

Sounded like the typical Bonneville purchase-love at first sight, followed by decisive action! Congrats.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello bonniegreen! I'm new here as well. I recently got myself a red Bonneville. They don't seem to be that common. Living in Sweden, I'm also wondering how much time you can spend in the garage and still seem sane. Still waiting for the snow here though. I guess the greenhouse effect is doing its job...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am shocked that you haven't seen the snow yet! That's quite a high latitude.

I have just insulated and installed heating in my new garage, so I will be sitting out there on many a cold night admiring the green bonnie and dreaming of spring. That bike can transport me even when its just standing there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did buy my Bonnie last week through Jamie, and that probably was her that you saw in the showroom and I did make my decision upon hearing a green Bonneville with TORs but I was under the impression that someone at the shop owned it....I might have misunderstood. Anyway, congrats to the both of us! Im just up in Kitchener, maybe we can ride sometime!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts