Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Question: for the triumph t595 service manual, the exhaust labeled cam and inlet cam are reversed with everything else still matching up eg cam caps cam sprockets for timing chain...
So if the only difference is the exhaust marked cam is on the intake side and the intake on the exhaust... Is the book wrong with the notches labelling the two?

Thanks,
Adam
Btw I have a service manual and have contacted 3 triumph dealerships and then taken my question to Petes cycle in Baltimore with no solution or answer to my questions...

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Aturner87, I may not understand your question, but here goes. The intake and exhaust cams have different part numbers so they aren't the same and there are two different ex. cams. Maybe it's just a subject of perspective WRT the illustration?

Also, if you would please state which year of T595 you own under "Main Motorcycle" it'll help in the future. There are two years of T595, '97 and '98, and there are some significant differences.

Brad

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Year 1998
I will find out any info you may need but I can do u one better if I can find a way to post pictures off my phone on to here

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Until then I will do my best I explain again appreciate all and any help
My cams are sitting as the book described
The book has the exhaust labeled camshaft on the intake side and the intake labeled exhaust cam on the exhaust side

One thing to note is that on the intake exhaust is the exhaust labeled cam chain gear but attatching bolts match up with the book and visa versa for the exhaust cam chain gear Ect...

To know i bought this bike off a friend and it ran before but i bought it just needed a machining and new gaskets

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to find a way to post pictures On here
I have the book and when I took the bike apart it's cams were in the same position As the book but did the book label te cams incorrectly?

My other question is if the two were switched would it retard enough for me to know I have to switch them or would I blow, Scratch, bend a valve....
just retarding the air flow ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's exactly my question I can't express how grateful I am I went to two dealerships and called multiple shops and no one was willing to help enough to resolve this question I'll post my pics eventually but they are correct in relation to your picture

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Aturner, DEcosse beat me to it :), I went back to look again at the manual when I returned this evening and saw the illustration's error.

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts