Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Recently bought a 2013 Bonneville SE 865 with only 2500 miles from new. It developed a weird ignition fault ( ignition on, lights on, horn working, dials dead, starter not operating) which made me think I needed to join a forum so here I am.
I retired in 2018 ( as headteacher of a primary school) and decided I needed a bike. I had one when I was 21 but just took the L plates off when I needed to use a motorway. Never took a test. I got a Chinese 125 and after a year did a week long course which got me my full licence. For the last 3 years I've had a Kawasaki ER6 ABS 2008 which I loved but my knees (artificial) and hips didn't so I've passed it on and got my Triumph Bonneville, one of the bikes I always hankered after (the other was the Norton Commando). I was torn between a Bonnie and a Royal Enfield Interceptor but then I saw mine and that was it! I love it despite it being a more sedate ride than the Kawasaki. I'm past doing 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds!
Last year I did the Scottish NC500 with my mate. Next month we're going through France and Spain, he's got a Black 2009 Bonnie.Mine is orange/black.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum (y)

Not certain about this but it may be your battery terminals or cable terminal from negative to the bikes frame. Unbolt your cable terminals carefully avoiding a massive short and spark, clean up the terminals, cable ends, and any frame grounding contact points until shiny and then equally carefully reassemble.

Probably safest if you removed the battery from your bike before you do any cable ends and terminals cleaning.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :D

(Please post help requests in the sections related to your bike’s model. Most of the time you will get quick, informed responses.)

I hope you find this site to be a great place to meet and talk with a great bunch of riders about Triumph bikes. Everyone here is very willing to help with questions or problems with your bike(s). I have personally saved lots of time and money thanks to the skilled help I have received from members.

As you cruise around the many different sections of this site you will find a wealth of information. There are technical sections for every Triumph model and chat sections for the same. Also, we have a classifieds section that is well worth checking out. (NOTE: You need to make at least five posts before you can post to Classifieds.)

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them. Read first before trying to post. Classified Ad Rules - Accessing Our Classifieds

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in. Biker Hang-Out

If you haven't done so already please fill out your Profile. Please make sure that your Profile includes the year and model of your bike(s), and as a minimum, your general geographic location. Knowing where you are can help us help you.

If you are a new or inexperienced rider, please look at New Riders - Read This!, as well as our General/Riding and Survival Skills section. Please feel free to post any safety or riding skill related questions you may have. Remember, the only "dumb" question is the one you don’t ask. The answers you get may save your life!

Here are the governing rules of the site and what can and cannot be done here: Acceptable Use Policy - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining Triumph Rat!

I wish you safe, fun riding!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts