Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member here, residing in the Pacific Northwest. I've been riding for about two years. I've currently got a 2009 ZX6R, but have always liked the Speed and Street Triples, and am hoping to upgrade to a Speed Triple soon. I've done a lot of research on the S3 and this site has been very helpful. Figured I might as well start an account now.

Anyway, hello.

Max

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome Max, great forum this. I spent 4 weeks in the Pacific Northwest in 1992. Just one National park after another. Fabulous area. Where exactly are you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Max, great forum this. I spent 4 weeks in the Pacific Northwest in 1992. Just one National park after another. Fabulous area. Where exactly are you?
Thanks! Love the riding in this area, it's definitely underrated. I'm in the Portland, OR. area. Rain is here. :O

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I worked for a company based out of Bingen, Washington for severeal years. I would go there for training and such a few times each year, sometimes for months at a time. I love that place! Honestly, Portland has to be the coolest city in this country. If I could only have convinced my wife she would get used to the rain...

Tons of great riding roads there. The Speed Triple will be great for riding out in the coutnry as well as for urban combat riding in the city. Let us know when you decide to bring a Speed Triple home. While shopping, any of the models would be a great ride. You are sure to find one in your price range. Of course, mine is the best...

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum!

I worked for a company based out of Bingen, Washington for severeal years. I would go there for training and such a few times each year, sometimes for months at a time. I love that place! Honestly, Portland has to be the coolest city in this country. If I could only have convinced my wife she would get used to the rain...

Tons of great riding roads there. The Speed Triple will be great for riding out in the coutnry as well as for urban combat riding in the city. Let us know when you decide to bring a Speed Triple home. While shopping, any of the models would be a great ride. You are sure to find one in your price range. Of course, mine is the best...

Cheers!
I love riding out through Bingen area on WA-14. Good turns without being too technical that you can't enjoy the scenery of the Columbia River Gorge. And you do get used to the rain, I ride year round.

I'm torn between an 08-10 like yours and a brand new one! We'll see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts