Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon to take ownership of my first Triumph, my knowledge of them is zero. I have owned one other road bike in my life, however have mostly preferred exploring the pine forests of zig zag, Newcastles Watagan mountains, and Coffs Harbours spectacular Dorrigo mountains on my DRZ 250, with my 4 children close behind.

However I happened to stumble onto an article one day about a road bike designed for practicality and not testosterone, that appealed to me as a female rider more than any road bike I have ever seen. So I test road one, liked it, and discovered they were bringing out a new model in 2015 called an Rx.

So here I am 6 months later waiting for the call to go pick up a bike I know nothing about. That's where everyone here will be a tremendous help. With my first question being, do I protect the paint with Triumphs paint protection film or is there something better out there?

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Protect the paint? Paint that machine rattle can flat black, keep an extra can for touch up, and ride it like you're in a post apocalyptic movie (eg. Mad Max)! Is that enough testosterone for you? ?

I have never protected the paint on my motorcycles other than standard polish. I am curious to read people's responses.

Enjoy your new Triumph! I hope it gives you miles and miles of happiness.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Hi Katt and welcome to TriumphRatNet!

As far as the the Triumph paint protection film. It works very well and visually blends. I don't know if there is anything "better." I am sure Triumph rebrands the film, just like the aftermarket companies do. Chances are the film is pretty much the same.

Introduce yourself over in the Street Triple section and repost the question there, but also this link may help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts