Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-

I'm new here...... I have a 1971 Bonnie TR6 that my Dad bought new back in 71'. He is the original owner of the bike. The bike is a numbers matching with only 7,000 miles on it. It still has the original back tire on it! I'm looking to restore it back to original. Back in 71' when he bought it he had them change the tank, fenders, and forks to make it a chopper. Well he didn't save the original fenders and tank. So here I am looking for advice on where I should start. Ill be posting a thread under the restore section with some pics of the bike. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He are some crappy quick pics I just took. This is all original from 71'. Me and my dad put a new front tire on it a few years back when I took it to Sturgis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I need to put it back to original. I want to change the tank fenders and bars. I'm not sure what else looks to not be stock? We just changed the forks back because it had some longer chopper forks on it. The bike is really clean.. I dont think it needs much to be close to perfect. It runs great still no leaks at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts