Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eventually signed up after nearly 4 years of owning a 2012 Thruxton.
Currently carrying out some mods and looking for help.

·
Administrator
19,458 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have removed my air box and currently waiting on delivery of K&N air filters and a breather. Once these are installed i will get the bike remapped but the closest garage that will do this for me is over an hour away, Can i ride the bike to the garage without causing any damage to the engine? or would i have to transport the bike up?
I havent done any work to the exhaust as yet apart from the dealer exhaust end cans that were fitted when i got the bike new.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try this site before traveling to your hour away garage: http://www.triumphtwinpower.com
You can download mapping software for the exact mods you plan. The 'TTP EFI' tunes software is easy to use and only requires OBD-2 cable and your choice of computing hardware - laptop or tablet.

Caution against riding without re-mapping with your current mods.

Hope this helps.

Guid luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have messaged them already currently waiting for a reply, however the Triumph dealer has stated that they will install the map for half an hours work which is alot cheaper than buying the map and installing myself. Think i might look into hiring a van and transport it up. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts