Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the forum, so I’ll introduce myself. I’m in my mid-50s and although I have enjoyed motorcycles in the past, I have been without one for a few years.
I have had my 2020 Jet Black Street Twin for a little over a week now and I couldn’t be happier with it. I added a center stand from Tec Bikes.
I’ll also put in a plug for EuroTek in Oklahoma City where I purchased the bike. Great folks to deal with.
Cheers!
Steve Smith

·
Super Moderator
2,436 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site. I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/classifieds-rules.578169/

Reactions: Smithsok

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, welcome to the site. I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/classifieds-rules.578169/
Thank you for the welcome and info! I’ll check everything out - thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Smiths, I'm new here as well, better read all the rules too.

I haven't get my Triumph yet (still deciding) but the Street Twin is one of my main options. I would be happy to get an unfiltered opinion about how she rides!

Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Smiths, I'm new here as well, better read all the rules too.

I haven't get my Triumph yet (still deciding) but the Street Twin is one of my main options. I would be happy to get an unfiltered opinion about how she rides!

Regards,
Hi RideXceed - welcome to the forum! I’m finding it to be a very helpful place.
I’m happy to share my opinion about how she rides, although I’m not the most experienced rider. Here are things that I am very happy with, as a rider who has not ridden much in recent years and am new to this bike.
I like the smooth throttle response. It gives me more confidence rolling on the throttle when cornering, especially. The power/torque is plenty for my style of riding. I didn’t want a bike with too much power for me to handle and get myself in trouble too quickly. The Street Twin works well for me in that I can accelerate and cruise with ease, and it is still within my capability to handle with confidence.
I am 175cm tall and weight 79kg. The seat height is perfect for me to flat-foot the bike. You may have noticed, but one thing I was looking for in a bike was “confidence.“ The height, weight, and center of gravity of the Street Twin all inspire confidence for me. I can easily flat-foot the bike.
I find that the big Brembo front brake caliper is very effective, in fact it is taking me a little bit of practice to apply it smoothly. Combine that effectiveness with the standard ABS, and I’m confident with the stopping ability.
The rear suspension is a bit soft but not uncomfortable. That is not a problem for the way I am riding, because I don’t ride with a passenger, and I don’t carry bags or other cargo. If I did, I would probably consider upgrading the rear shocks. But for me riding alone, it is just fine. But if i decide to upgrade the rear suspension, there are plenty of after-market and dealer options to do that.
I live in a flat area with very few curves, so most of my riding is on straight roads. I wish I could give you an idea of what the ride is like along twisting curves, but I haven’t had that experience yet. It has been mostly around town and on straight stretches of highway, and I am really enjoying the ride so far!

Good luck with your decision, and with whichever bike you choose! Send me picture if you get one.
Safe riding!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts