Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not own a Triumph, at least not yet. I actually came across this forum a couple of weeks ago while browsing for one. Until I can view the classified section again, I figured I might as well share with you ladies and gents how I made up my mind to own one.

I laid eyes on a Moto Guzzi V7 parked on NYC streets and it was so captivating. After some research, ended up finding a used one for sale at a Triumph dealership. I planned on getting that V7 II. I test drove it and after a suggestion from the gentleman who was helping me, I also test drove a, 2020 Street Twin. Boy did I leave that dealership with a different mindset lol. I also have to say I really dig the craftsmanship and attention to detail that Triumph provides. If money wasn't an issue, I surely would by a brand new off the lot, but its wiser for my pockets to look into a used one.

I will practice patience until I find the right one.
Currently looking for a Street twin, Speed Twin or even Street Triple. I do wonder if the Street Triple is friendly for urban riding though. Do share with me your thoughts and expertise on the Street Triples.

Thank you all.

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site. Thank you for the introducing yourself.

I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Please note if you are asking a question or looking for some insight – Please go to one of the sections related to your bikes model. You will get very good response and input for riders more than willing to help.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out. But you do need to meet some requirements for access.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Read first before trying to post. Classified Ad Rules -

Accessing Our Classifieds

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

Here are the governing rules of the site and what can and cannot be done here.

Acceptable Use Policy - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Wishing you Safe Riding!

Reactions: NYWolf

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
NYWolf

This is just the greeting area , but really most people never check here. You have to go to the specific forum for the bike you want to discuss, or Biker Hangout to get everyone's opinions. Enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NYWolf

This is just the greeting area , but really most people never check here. You have to go to the specific forum for the bike you want to discuss, or Biker Hangout to get everyone's opinions. Enjoy.
Thank you. Let me redirect that inquiry to its rightful forum. Hopefully I hear some opinions. :)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Thank you. Let me redirect that inquiry to its rightful forum. Hopefully I hear some opinions. :)

I see you are getting plenty of opinions. Just curious - what part of Brooklyn are your from? I graduated from Pratt and my childhood was in Canarsie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I see you are getting plenty of opinions. Just curious - what part of Brooklyn are your from? I graduated from Pratt and my childhood was in Canarsie.
I am actually from Jackson heights, Queens. Grew up there besides some HS years I spent in NJ. I see myself being here for no more then 10years. As I started looking for houses I realized you get much more value in different states. You are now in Hudson Valley, right? Easy going part of town, I would imagine.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I am actually from Jackson heights, Queens. Grew up there besides some HS years I spent in NJ. I see myself being here for no more then 10years. As I started looking for houses I realized you get much more value in different states. You are now in Hudson Valley, right? Easy going part of town, I would imagine.
I am in New Paltz, about 60 miles north of you. Its very pretty. Good riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts