Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a soon to be triumph owner. I have/had an 02 aprilia futura that I put to sleep.

I am looking at the sprint gt and tiger 1050.

I am torn between which one ot get, I have a local dealer offering a gt and 1050 SE for the same price. I was hoping you guys could throw out some pros and cons to help in my decision.

I have browsed through here a bit and saw something about problems with voltage regulators, that was the bane of my existance on the aprilia.

Also one con with the gt is leg room for me. A friend said something about a mod with buell footpegs that lower the pegs almost an inch. Any links to this would def be helpful.

Anyway I hope you guys can help me out in the decision process. Also I rode both at the demo day in suffern NY earlier this season.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Welcome to the site.

They are both great bikes. I got the Sprint, but knowing what I know now I would have got the Tiger. Same engine - just more upright.

Take a around at the different forums and become familiar with them, especially the ones for your model. Don’t be afraid to post! The only dumb questions are the ones we don’t ask.
Each forum has a moderator to answer your questions and solve any problems. If you need something lets us know.
Haggis

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I will be sticking around, I went withthe GT. Came down to just going with my gut instincts. I think either bike would have suited me well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts