Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on here for a while, decided I better register in case I have a question or 2 about the Sprint GT!

All the best,
Dan

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

When I bought my Speed Triple, it was a toss up between it and a 2011 Sprint GT. I actually put my deposit on the GT first. I was making the purchase while on deployment in Afghanistan so I had too much time to think and change my mind. In the end, the deal being offered for the Speed Triple was too good to pass.

I still want the GT. I bought the Rocket for two up riding and thought getting a GT would be too similar to my Speed Triple. Not so sure that was the best choice. I do love my Rocket, but it is not as comfortable as I imagine a GT would be. I once owned a Daytona 1200 and absolutely loved that motorcycle (the one that got away...). Maybe there will be a GT in my future yet.

Be sure to introduce yourself, post photos, and join the conversation in the Sprint forum.

http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Seán,

Thanks for the welcome. Being totally honest I was after a tourer to take to the continent and the Sprint GT was the only thing in my price range that was getting really positive reviews.
The only other thing I would be tempted by would be a Tiger 1050 or a Tiger 1200 XC. These would suit my riding as I'm not throwing the Sprint into corners or getting the knee down.

I'll be fitting a few things to the bike in the next week so I'll be sure to take some photos and post them into the Sprint forum.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts