Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This website is an excellent resource and after many hours lurking for treasure, decided to join.

I am thankful for the contributions of everyone, they have helped immensely.

My current conundrum involves finding a way to clean up the back end of my T100 that also allows me to keep the backrest / triumph dress bar. I had ordered the Maund Kit (which looks so awesome) but alas, it will not fit with the dress bar in place.

Which pretty much leads me to this site spending quite a bit of time trying to figure out what my options are. Fit a newbonneville kit and bob the rear fender? That may be the best bet at this point.

Safe riding and hope to see many of you on the road someday

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had thought about that idea too (grab rail and FEK). Seems like the rail would block the light (or not fit) with most FEKs. It appears there are a few options which I've seen on the forums: 1) bobbed fender; 2) FEK with LED around or below the license plate; 3) side mount rear light; 4) get a second touring saddle for two-up riding (Corbin or similar). I like option 4 and am still holding out hope for a deal on a seat. Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My opinion changes like the wind, but for now, looking into an aftermarket lucas tail light with the superbrightleds.com LED light installed and mounting smallish bullet turn signals directly to a thruxton fender. This gives me the bobbed look I want plus I am starting to like the idea of the turn signals mounted directly to the fender.

But like everything, the bullet lights I want may prove to be problematic with the ignition / key clearance. I've seen a few posts today suggesting that you have to trim down the actual molding on the key, not into that. The bullet lights are the ones from newbonneville, so looking into other options.

This is a bit of an obsession!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now for the conclusion...

Found a shorter style black rear fender off a Thruxton on Ebay, so that is in the mail.

I liked the Lucas style tail lights, but wanted more visibility, so sprung for the LED version being offered by Dime City Cycles.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-lighting-parts-chrome-lucas-led-taillight-225-1007.html

The shock mounted rear turn signals have grown on me, so ordered the brackets from newbonneville.com.

All in all, this should accomplish my goal of cleaning up the back end.

Can't wait to see how it all looks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts