Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here,yesterday i joined the forum in hopes of learning something new about a recent purchase,04 triumph america,shes only got 4101 miles on her and im beginning to see why,the single owner prior to myself wasnt available to give me any updates or info about the bike so i investigated it myself,at first i thought "maybe clogged fuel lines" and after pulling the carbs and cleaning,NOPE,

Then moved on to spark,bought a link tester light and found that she starts,the light is lit then it stops and the engine follows,after hours of extensive reading about the electrical issues of this particular bike and reading multiple posts and responses i went ahead and ordered a firestarter igniter and twin flame coils "which ripped my wallet off the chain and smacked me in the face with it"
I am eager to get this little bike going again,im a long time rider but im used to much larger bike,being the voyager/kawasaki enthusiast i am in new waters with this little machine,almost a competition with myself to get her going and keeping her going,i have not rode the bike yet but i am determined,😆
Ive always been a fan of triumph but never owned one with 2 wheels,last was the TR7,any tips and pointers are highly appreciated,thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
2,241 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site. I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/classifieds-rules.578169/

·
Super Moderator
2,241 Posts
You should get over to the Air Cooled Twins Tech section. Certainly give you a hand getting the bike going.
They are great bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts