Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 2006 Sprint ST 1050. I saw it on Craigslist and thought that was a beautiful bike. Prior to me purchasing this bike, I was searching around to see if this was the bike for me. I wanted a sporty bike with better ergonomics than my previous 13 bikes (R1, various Ninjas, Katana, Interceptor, CBR, etc). I also wanted saddle bags, but didn't want a Harley / Goldwing / etc. I stumbled across TRIUMPHRAT.NET and the love you guys have for your bikes, the support you guys give to each other, the camaraderie you guys have sold me!! I purchased the bike about a month and a half ago. I was only riding during the day. One night I was out and going over an overpass and I be damn if the road didn't disappear!! Scared the hell out of me!! I immediately came home and began searching TRIUMPHRAT.NET and saw I wasn't alone. Because of TRIUMPHRAT.NET, I was able to break my bike completely down and install an HID kit. Sadly, after the install, my bike wouldn't start :-( BUT, with a little more searching on TRIUMPHRAT.NET, I figured out why, replaced a couple fuses (and removed the HID kit), and all was good. I also searched and used everyones input and guidance and installed the PIAA "extreme white" bulbs, and PIAA driving lights with little issue. While I had the bike completely broken down and waiting for the lights purchased from Ebay to arrive, I searched TRIUMPHRAT.NET for other upgrades I could do. I figured a little performance on the low end would be great. With y'alls help, I changed out the 19t stock sprocket with an 18t JR sprocket (the best $25US upgrade EVER)!!! My "eccentric chain adjuster" (didn't even know what the hell that was before hand) was seized. Thanks to this user community I was able to break the hub down and unseize the chain adjuster. I also didn't like the look of the factory tail section. Once again, TRIUMPHRAT.NET to the rescue. I installed the R & G tail tidy. I love all the pics and input and advice and opinions that the users here give!! Same thing with the tires. I needed / wanted different tires. I ride pretty aggressive. Thanks to all the tire stickys and user posts, I was confident when I purchased my Pilot Powers.

Sorry for being so long winded, I just wanted to show my appreciation and introduce myself. It's going to be hard, but hopefully I can help someone in the future like you guys have helped me.

Stay up,

Stacey

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome Stacey! Congrats on getting your hands dirty! Some folks aren't as adventurous as you and miss out on the experience working on one's own bike offers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts