Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much humming and hawing, toi-ng and fro-ing I've gone and went and done it.

03 955 Tiger in superfast Black is mine, to be collected on Wednesday :-D

Now I believe it is customary, as a new forum member, to ask the following questions....

What's the best screen for me?
What tyres should I have fitted next time?
& How do I get both lights on?

Or should I just use the search function? :lgh:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi, only you know the answers to the first two questions!
The third one is 'two relays'.

Now don't keep us in suspense;

We are the imagination of our... WHAT! :hammer:

Chris.

Good colour choice by the way. :)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Ai,

Welcome along.... You have obviously read the forum because of the questions you ask :razz: You will also know that it can be quite an emotive point...to say the least :-D

It really is 'what is good for you'. My advice for what it is worth, is to live with the bike for a while so that you can decide what exactly it is that you are looking for from the screen etc.

The headlight thing is a quick fix. two switching relays and the job is done. If you search back through the workshop thread, you will find all the necessary information there.

Enjoy your stay here, you are most welcome :cool:

Jim - Forum Mod

·
Registered
530 Posts
Best windscreen: lop about 6 inches off the stock one... or just throw it away. Wind/weather protection = riding gear. You know, jackets, helmets, gloves and boots.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tyrebiter wrote: Best windscreen: lop about 6 inches off the stock one... or just throw it away. Wind/weather protection = riding gear. You know, jackets, helmets, gloves and boots.

I mostly agree with you, chucking the horrible stock screen cuts out the buffeting and the noise, get the mirror extenders while you're at it to finish the job.

AI, welcome to the list. There are odd occasions when you want more protection and may be willing to put up with the extra noise. FWIW I think screens that don't flip up towards the top, ie follow the contour of the fairing are better than the Standard and touring Tiger screen. I'm use an Eagle plus 125mm on longer rides. With the mirror extenders the buffeting is gone but the noise is still there.

Good luck, maybe you'll be the one to crack the code!

Cheers, Russell

·
Registered
370 Posts
screens are a very imotive point,i personaly like the one i got from hein gerick for £35.00,its taller than standard and made by skidmarx,it keeps all the wind and rain off you.

job sorted!!

as for tyres i love my tourances,good grip,long tread life,and cheap £134.00 a pair, from moto-tyres.com

job sorted!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the Deauville has gone <sniff sniff>, I shall miss her weather protection and all round pleasantness.
On the positive side I now have the Tiger and to get to know her better i took her to the Peak District for 3 days, about 800 miles all in.
Soooperb. Comfy, great engine, fantastic engine, lovely sound especially on the over run, handling will take some getting used to, excellent visibility, tremendous engine - all in all a great package IMO.
Im sure once the rose tinted specs are off I'll start to find bits that niggle and annoy but for now I am delighted.

Did I mention the great engine?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also went from a Deuville (NTV) to a black tiger in '03. I was concerned about losing shaft drive, but a scotoiler and the straightforward concentric adjusters on the tiger(no longer on 06 model) made it no problem. I used Tourances, which gave me 12000 between changes. Can't comment on others. The NTV felt like a toy after sitting on the tiger for a few days, but beware the top-heaviness when pushing it around. Both of my drops have been pushing it in the garage!

Just swapped for an 06 in blue. Great colour, but liked the black too - in absence of yellow. Unfortunately concentric adjusters are gone. I think it's a bit sharper than the 03, but that may just be wear and tear.

I have the Triumph touring screen which is OK to at least 115mph, but haven't tried others so they may be better.

PS keep the brakes cleaned and serviced if riding over the Scottish winter. otherwise they bind terribly. Seems to be known issue. Also, fit a hugger to prevent EMU damage - mine packed in after two years and cost £1000, warranty claim - just!

Enjoy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts