Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my very first bike. I'm taking the saftey class during the first week of May, then it's off to the Triumph dealership! Hell Yeah!!! I'll be back with more info and photos!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi!

Wish we could do that in the UK... We have to take training to get on a 125cc, then can't ride anything bigger until we do another series of tests :(

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome! Starting with the safety course is a smart move. What bikes are you looking at? (I'm sure you've done that a time or two.:D)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's kind of simple here. (Illinois, USA) You take a 20 hour class using 250cc bike and then you get your motorcycle license. What you ride after that is up to you.(and what common sense dictates!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started looking at Japanese bikes in the 500 to 650cc range, but none of them had "it". You know that feeling when you see the right bike? That's what I mean. Right now I'm looking at a 2006 Bonneville T100 that a dealership nearby has. It's got 28,478k on the odometer. (Is that a lot for a Triumph?) In the photo it looks like it's in good shape. I'm going to look at it next week if it's still there.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Ratty,

Welcome aboard! Where are you located in Illinois? I grew up on Bloomington.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts