Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and then I get a sore left forearm after riding, does anyone else ever get this? Still much more comfortable than the stock clip-ons, and for some reason its only the left arm

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
my forearm doesnt hurt but i get pin and needles in my hands when i ride on decline for too long. it's clearly because im putting too much pressure on them. maybe thats the problem for u 2?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do some core exercise and get your weight off the bars! :) With clip-ons and other "forward" riding positions it's easy to get in a nasty habit of putting your weight forward on the bars, especially when braking or slowing down (had to break myself of it).

Does your front end get twitchy when you come to a stop?

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Typically, we tend to place more weight on the static wrist, which is your clutch hand, then we do on the throttle. Continual movement and reposition of the wrist and hand on the throttle keeps the muscles and tendons limber. Contrary, the clutch hand gets very little movement and remains static, so it will tend to become stiffer on longer riders. While riding try a little excercise with your clutch hand. Release the handle bar and with the plam flat, fingers togather point the finger down at a 90 degree angle overextending a bit. Next repeat the process 180 degrees in the opposite direction. Do this several time to isolate and stretch the muscles and tendons in the forearm. It can be done while riding or stopped. It helps considerably.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do some core exercise and get your weight off the bars! :) With clip-ons and other "forward" riding positions it's easy to get in a nasty habit of putting your weight forward on the bars, especially when braking or slowing down (had to break myself of it).

Does your front end get twitchy when you come to a stop?
I took the first ride on my new 08 thrux couple days ago. Holy WOW thats gonna take some getting used to. My wrists were sore but I chalked it up to being tense and leaning too far foward. And I see how being in shape will def. help my longer rides. I put in for some tank pads to have a lil more leverage, comfort and control. It's about 3-4 more months till I can climb back on her. Winter Blows. It'll give me time to get in shape for spring riding.
My British Customs "Predators" sound awesome!!!

Hans

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good posts, looks like some of us are in the same boat.

I wonder if the clip-on removal kit that includes the superbike bars are more comfortable?

I know they are wider and straighter than the heli-bars, not sure if there as high (4 3/4 or higher )

·
Registered
667 Posts
I took the first ride on my new 08 thrux couple days ago. Holy WOW thats gonna take some getting used to. My wrists were sore but I chalked it up to being tense and leaning too far foward. And I see how being in shape will def. help my longer rides. I put in for some tank pads to have a lil more leverage, comfort and control. It's about 3-4 more months till I can climb back on her. Winter Blows. It'll give me time to get in shape for spring riding.
My British Customs "Predators" sound awesome!!!

Hans
Hi Hans
I found the same when i first rode with the clipons on my own 07 Thruxton.
What helped me was lowering the position of the front brake and clutch lever, so when i am sitting in the riding position my wrists are straight, in line with my arms. I found the factory position of the levers were to high. Now i find the riding position very comfortable.
I'm glad to hear you like the predators i'm waiting to get my bike back from the store after a recent crash. I'm having predators put on instead of the factory pipes.
All the best John:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts