Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings -- I've narrowed down the zillions of options for new gloves to either a pair of Held 'Steve' or BMW 'ProSummer.' Does any one have any experience with how the Held 'Steve' perform on a naked bike when it's hot (say 95 deg. F./35 deg. C.)? I'm not wild about buying anything additional like the AirFlow and don't think I need it ether.

My wife just bought a pair of BMW ProSummer gloves and seems to like them :)

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a pair of Steves that I ride most of the year. Even when it approaches 110F. No issues for me.

·
Read Only
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping to pick up a pair of Steve gloves this weekend. My local dealer did not have my size in stock but they should be here by Saturday.

·
Read Only
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thumbs up for Held Steve

I just realized that in all the excitement I'd forgotten to report back on the Held Steve gloves. I like them so much that I've also bought a pair of Held Air Stream, which personally, I prefer when it's really hot.

I'm glad that I made the extra effort to find these Held gloves.

·
Banned
372 Posts
BikerEm, do your Held Steve gloves have the unusually long thumb?

·
Registered
99 Posts
BikerEm, do your Held Steve gloves have the unusually long thumb?
I'm not BikerEm, but I do have Steves. When I'm off the bike there is extra room in the thumb, but once I've got my hands on the grips, the thumb length feels about right.

I know that Newenough.com sells Held Neros in short finger lengths if that's any help to you.

·
Read Only
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Long Thumbs?

Hi MadOzodi

I'd not noticed until you mentioned it but yes, I suppose the thumbs on the Steves are just a tad long but nothing that gives me any cause for concern. The thumbs are both about 1/8" long compared with my thumbs.

On my AirFlow gloves the little finger is maybe 1/16" short :eek:

·
Banned
372 Posts
I'm not BikerEm, but I do have Steves. When I'm off the bike there is extra room in the thumb, but once I've got my hands on the grips, the thumb length feels about right.

I know that Newenough.com sells Held Neros in short finger lengths if that's any help to you.
Aye, thanks. I've checked out NewEnough's stock of Held Gloves. When I was a kid, I got teased for having "E.T." fingers. I don't think I have unusually long thumbs though, heh.

Hi MadOzodi

I'd not noticed until you mentioned it but yes, I suppose the thumbs on the Steves are just a tad long but nothing that gives me any cause for concern. The thumbs are both about 1/8" long compared with my thumbs.

On my AirFlow gloves the little finger is maybe 1/16" short :eek:
I'd really like a pair of the new Slide Comps, but they're a tad out of my budget, so I'm looking at the Steves.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got a pair of the Steve gloves from NewEnough last week and love them, except for the finger length. I ordered a size 9.5 and they fit my actual hand really well, but the fingers are just too long (the thumb especially). It makes it difficult to manage the fine controls on the bike -- blinker, horn, etc.

Think dropping down in size to an 8.5 would help the finger issue? And the rest of the glove would stretch to fit?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know my Steves stretched quite a bit since new. It couldn't hurt calling Held concerning finger lengths: 828-464-4440.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I actually emailed NewEnough to ask some questions about the Steve Held glove and they got back to me with an excellent reply. I decided to drop down to the size 9 from the 9.5. Hopefully the fingers fit better!

A little text that NewEnough included from their email:
"Going down one size in the Held Steve Glove you are going to loose 1/2 and inch in the circumference of the glove and 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch in the finger linger length. If you were go to down 2 sizes down to the 8.5 you are going to loose a full inch in the circumference and anywhere from 1/4 - 1/2 inch in the length of the glove.

..it will not stretch much but it will break in. I think that loosing 1/2 an inch around the palm would be ok. Loosing a full inch however might take some time to stretch out if you can get it to stretch that far. So that is something to think about with picking a size to go with."

·
Banned
372 Posts
"Going down one size in the Held Steve Glove you are going to loose 1/2 and inch in the circumference of the glove and 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch in the finger linger length. If you were go to down 2 sizes down to the 8.5 you are going to loose a full inch in the circumference and anywhere from 1/4 - 1/2 inch in the length of the glove.

..it will not stretch much but it will break in. I think that loosing 1/2 an inch around the palm would be ok. Loosing a full inch however might take some time to stretch out if you can get it to stretch that far. So that is something to think about with picking a size to go with."
Good stuff...thanks for posting this sasper!

·
Registered
73 Posts
As an update, I received my size 9 Steve Held gloves from NewEnough and they fit perfectly. The fingers are right on, and the thumb is just a little too long, but not enough to affect any movement to the fine controls.

I love the gloves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts