Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How'dy.

Finally got a chance to put on the Tokico 6 pot calipers today. They are on, but had to use the stock lines.

Bought a Hel brake line kit HBF8154, which comes with two new lines that are 'suppose' to run directly from the M/C to each caliper.

After playing around with them for over an hour and running in each and every direction I could try...I cannot see how these can reach from the M/C to the calipers (unless they stretch).

The right line (if your sitting on the bike)..is the shortest run, that only just reaches and would say its a few mm's shorter than the stock. The longer run from the left caliper does not seem anywhere near long enough.

Since this is the first time I've replaced brake lines on a bike, thought it best to check with the oracles of all wisdom (you lot) to see if there is something bleeding obvious I'm missing..?

Stock likes are back on and the brakes bled....but would like to use the hel lines if possible.

Cheers all.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Do you have an early model Sprint with bar risers? You might find your brake lines are not the original's that came with bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. The bike is a 2008 model without any additional Genmar risers or such. This kit is suppose to be the 'F' kit. https://helperformance.com/shop/oz/triumph/

They reckon the 'F' kit is the front (m/c direct to calipers) and the 'O' kit is for over the fender.

I''v got the rest of today to give it another try, so I'll take off the stock lines again and have a play around. But jeez, how tight can these lines be?

When I had the bike re-shod, the guy who runs the place commented on the stock lines, reckons they are not normally that tight...and that was stock....these ones would be even tighter if I could get em on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts